HOW TO GET TO KELLS TRANSPORT MUSEUM
HOW TO GET TO THE MUSEUM
To get to the museum go to the Roundabout at the mouth of Cork Tunnel and take the Rosslare Road, immediately turning sharp left. Go aroudn and go left at the roundabout. Then straight through under the bridge. At Glanmire stright trhough and DO NOT turn left over the bridge at the AIB Bank on the right. Proceed to Riverstow and turn right in Riverstown. Then follow the instructions below. It is recommended you print the pictures to have with you.
1. Basically you go to Riverstown Village and head for Knockraha past Sarsfield Hurling Club.
2. Turn right at the wye.
3. Turn right at the T junction and proceed under the motorway.
4. Turn sharp left immediately after going under the bridge and head up the hill for 1.5 miles.
5. Go through a bad double bend, past Brookville House on the left and then Newgrove House on the right to the top of the hill.
6. Immediately after Newgrove House is a "SLOW" sign 2 feet tall on the left and then go 8 telephone poles on the left until you come to one festooned with red reflectors and a Bus Eireann bus stop sign on it.
7. Look up and see "Blossom Grove Inner Farm" on the pole and go into between the cream and dashed entrance.
8. Go 1 mile to an upper yard and go through that down the hill for a further quarter mile.
9. You will see the museum in front of you.
Following is a photographic history of the trip from the Roundabout.
Updated September 18, 2009.